When I say shit, I really mean shit. And I do talk shit.

Powered By Blogger

zLz's Malaysia Election 2008 Special


View this quiz on Quibblo
More quizzes on Quibblo
Quibblo

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Washed out crap...


Okay, I know I've made an irreversible turn in my life, but I didn't know! Horror and thriller have never been my taste, not that I hate to watch them, I even had a sort of desire for them during my childhood (you know, kids, endless search for "excitement", whatever...). But now? I'd rather avoid them as possible. I'm not too keen in watching the disgusting and chilling scenes in those movies anymore, save me from goosebumps. I began to question where did I find that sort of "joy" when watching them before I grew up (=_=).

Anyway, I've watched it. At first I thought this is a pure post-apocalyptic movie, like Armageddon, Deep Impact, The Day After Tomorrow, The Sinking of Japan (I skipped this one), Sunshine (skipped it too), or, as far as it goes, even The Greenhouse Effect (?), Volcano and War of the World (they are not too "apocalyptic", just the destruction of something! Give me something to shoot at...)? Well I love those! Not that I'm a psycho who enjoys watching the end of humanity and the loss of life or the like, but I've always been long seeking the true origin of mankind, and curious on how everything will end. Every time I get something from the movie itself, it clearly delivers the message that everyone should starts doing something in order to save ourselves (can we?) from extinction.

But in the end? The god damn title fooled me, it should have clarified more clearly that it's a science fiction/horror! I felt a bit of uneasiness when the movie started about 3 minutes, and the whole thing begins after that. This thriller never fails to deliver the non-stop action (which I think it get its compliment for) and spine-chilling scenes, seriously it never stops! Just when you think this is going to be a peaceful and "happily ever after" or the sort, there comes a zombie popping out from nowhere onto the darn screen and scaring you out. Oh did I mention that this movie is sooo resemble to Resident Evil (story line and techniques used)? But I prefer this XD.

As the movie poster says, "WEEK ONE: No Trace, WEEK TWO: No Warning, WEEK EIGHT: No Control, WEEK SIXTEEN: No Cure, WEEK TWENTY EIGHT: No Escape." Me too felt the same way when the movie starts screening...

FIRST MINUTE: No Trace
SECOND MINUTE: No Warning
EIGHTH MINUTE: No Control
SIXTEENTH MINUTE: No Cure
TWENTY-EIGHTH MINUTE: No Excape

The film opens with husband and wife Don and Alice hiding in a boarded-up cottage in the countryside with four others as the Rage infection spreads across the mainland of Great Britain. Although they initially seem to be safe, the cottage is soon attacked by the Infected and the inhabitants become separated. Don finds his wife cornered by an Infected individual in a bedroom, pleading for his help. However, rather than put himself at risk by intervening, Don shuts the door on her and flees the cottage, escaping on a motorboat on a nearby river.

Twenty-eight weeks after the outbreak and six months after the last of the Infected starved to death, a U.S.-led NATO operation commanded by U.S. Army Brigadier General Stone begins to repopulate the country, starting with the Isle of Dogs in London, known as District 1. Among the survivors flown in from European refugee camps are Don's children, teenage Tammy and twelve-year-old Andy, who are reunited with their father. Escaping from District 1 to visit their old family home, Tammy and Andy discover that their mother is still alive. Medical checks conducted by army doctor Scarlett confirm that Alice is infected but does not show any symptoms. Scarlett believes that Tammy and Andy may have inherited their mother's genetic immunity to the Rage virus.

During an unauthorised visit, Don kisses Alice and becomes infected from her saliva. After violently killing her, he attacks several soldiers, spreading the infection. Stone orders the execution of Code Red, a prepared plan to deal with another outbreak, and snipers attempt to shoot the Infected without harming any uninfected civilians. However, the situation soon spirals out of control and Stone orders the army to kill everyone. One sniper, Sergeant Doyle, is uncomfortable with these orders and abandons his post, joining a group of survivors including Scarlett, Tammy and Andy. Attempting to lead the group to safety, Doyle is contacted by helicopter pilot Flynn, who arranges to meet him at Regent's Park. Doyle's group make it out of District 1 just before the U.S. Air Force firebombs the entire area, incinerating the Infected and civilians alike. However, some other survivors and Infected, including Don, also manage to escape into wider London.

At Regent's Park, Flynn, who was expecting to meet only Doyle, refuses to evacuate the other survivors and tells Doyle to meet him alone at Wembley Stadium in north London. Running from the Infected through the streets of central London, Doyle, Scarlett, Tammy and Andy take refuge in an abandoned Volvo V70 when they are confronted a cloud of poison gas released by the army. When Scarlett cannot start the car, Doyle sacrifices himself to push-start the vehicle and is killed by flamethrower-wielding NBC soldiers. Following a helicopter attack on the car as it travels through Westminster, Scarlett, Tammy and Andy take refuge in Charing Cross tube station. In the darkness, Scarlett is killed by the infected Don, who then attacks and bites Andy. Tammy shoots and kills her father and discovers that while Andy is now infected, he is immune like his mother.

Reaching Wembley Stadium, Tammy and Andy are rescued by Flynn, who uses his helicopter to fly them over London, past the White Cliffs of Dover and across the English Channel towards France.

In an epilogue captioned "28 Days Later", Flynn's helicopter is shown abandoned. The film ends depicting a swarm of infected running across the terrace of the Palais de Chaillot towards the Eiffel Tower, indicating that the infection has spread to Continental Europe.

-Wikipedia (Sorry but I'm lazy to summarize a movie that I dislike...)




It's a sequel to its predecessor "28 Days Later"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Days_Later


It's watchable. but still, crap for me.

Okay okay I know I was just being paranoid! In fact these two movies seem to be just fine to the audience worldwide, it has good reception because of its well taken action scenes and its good portray of the deserted mainland of Great Britain when the god damn virus spreads, so grab the ticket if you are into pissing your pants off (nah it's not that scary anyway :p, just disgusting) and wants to get a rough idea of how you can actually exterminate millions of people in the future if you ever wanted to do so. The conclusion? I don't like this movie, my personal taste. (actually I was kinda annoyed by its occasional frenzy movement of the camera in the early scenes when the zombies attacked, but maybe this is the technique of directors used to capture action scenes, or is it a method to actually "censor" the unwanted gores, but it sure makes me feel dizzy and uneasy, don't know about you guys.). After all this is an interesting thriller that promised to be as intriguing as ever, feel free to go for it. But if you haven't watch Spider-man 3 just yet (SHAME ON YOU :p), make it a top-most priority before getting a bite from this zombie. (Actually I'd rather watch it a second time... Well... No turning back now.). By the way, they are planning for a third installment, I doubt I will go back for another bite (=_=).


So long...



4 comments:

~K£cќ~ said...

Didn't you said horror is entertainment for you? =.= ... I didn't know its that bad @.@. ..

No wonder the synopsis is so detail ... i tot u remembered every single details XD ... was wondering how come there are so many hyperlinks here n there.

Never watched horror n disgusting movies in cinema before XD ... dun plan to do so as well...

But if you haven't watch Spider-man 3 just yet (SHAME ON YOU :p) >>> SHAME ON ME T.T

Damson said...

lol...well then find sometime and watch it with Jess them...I think they havent watched it as well....(shame on everyone of you)...

Hmm,the matter in fact...I kinda like horror movies, erh, leave aside the goosebump things...hmm...well..sometimes it is kinda good to go for the cinema and get your blood circulated in a better motion...it is quite healthy though...hahahahahhaa....

nostalgia.jesskang said...

SHAME ON ME =.=

Wah, Damson, get blood circulated... swt

~K£cќ~ said...

get your blood circulated in a better motion >>> exercise would be much better =.="