When I say shit, I really mean shit. And I do talk shit.

Powered By Blogger

zLz's Malaysia Election 2008 Special


View this quiz on Quibblo
More quizzes on Quibblo
Quibblo

Friday, December 28, 2007

How can you not love Malaysia?

On this extremely sleepy morning (woke up at 6, I had to), my dad threw me the paper and said "Oh, B. B. was killed. At last, they got her." NOTE: Hereby me and my father hold no grudge against any particular political party in that country at all, Pakistan, if you hadn't knew.

"Okay now tell me, who the heck is this 'Baby'?" (I thought).

"Who is she anyway???"
"She's one of the most influential party leaders in Pakistan. Her husband was assassinated years ago and she was repelled out of the country since then. She made a come-back not long ago and a suicide attack was launched too but she left unharmed. And now, they finally got her."

(Like I care. No I didn't show any disrespect both to my dad and the dead itself, I mean, as you all know I have not touched politics for long. Yes, for long.)

As usual, my discussion with dad wouldn't lead us any farther than those few simple sentences. Captivated by the news and the casualties themselves (don't tell me "20" is not much, casualty can NEVER be too few), I started to think...

We've got corruption.
We've got mild racism. (solely personal opinion, no offense please)
We've got government inefficiency. (see the sentence above)
We've got mild demonstration just not long ago, call it a mild case of riot if you would.
We've got people who was willing to spend several millions to send a coconut (oh, what do you call our "head" in Malay again?) into the space when the people weren't even readied to solve alarming issues such as poverty and flood. (see that word in my heart, did you see that "F" arising?)

No, I'm not pointing the finger to anybody. It's just that, I'm actually glad.

I'm glad, for that we do not have any civil war (I doubt this will last long, please, no more eff-fing useless demonstration please! Those guys won't hear you damn it!) or hostility with any country at all.

I'm serious, I'm really glad. To think that we are indirectly allowing corruption to root in the very foundation of our ruling of the people; to think that only 2 out of 10 Malaysians out there who dare (or "care") to dig out that old 513 thingy and started talking his grandmother story to how certain race was treated MANY years ago; to think that we've got a government, which can't actually be labelled as "not doing anything at all", just that "they will start working after 1,000 complains have been made", pardon me I mean 100,000; to think that those police forces of us would have to play water-shooting once in a while to psyche themselves up (and perhaps the Malays and Indians too); to think that we can finally shoot our flag up high into the sky, and finally proudly declared "we've finally leaped into a new era", just to "show that we are capable of doing this" to other countries or in fact "we are rich enough to do this, you cared?" I-don't-eff'fing-know. To think all of that, though most of us (or perhaps only me) might have discontent regarding every single little "effort" that our government trying to strive, at least no casualty was caused.

Yeah, no casualty was caused. I like that.

Yeah I mean, I can stand Malaysia, for now, more than Pakistan, more than China, more than Korea, don't you think?



Yeah, don't you think?

10 comments:

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Agree... Perhaps M is good-in-nothing but certainly good-in-causing-no-casualty.... Heee

~K£cќ~ said...

Yah I duno who the heck is she anyway, my dad pressed BBC and saw her news and say hey shes dead. Who the hell is she anyway? never even heard of her name before XD.

Error correction, the ANGKASAWAN TRIP comes in a package with the who knows how many hand jets Malaysia bought from Russia.

Well this is Malaysian ...

Anonymous said...

The jets also need money one k... And at least show Benazir Bhutto some respect la, she was willing to risk her live for the pakistani people even after her dad and two brothers were killed/assasinated. That shows some real balls. She was the former prime minister of pakistan btw. And she was murdered by fucking stupid islamic extremists btw. Why? Coz she's a woman,and politician smore, and you know how lowly women are treated by most islamic countries, another thing which makes me grudgingly grateful tht I'm living in Malaysia and not fucking extremist countries and certainly not China which shoots you for participating in demonstrations and bans you from writing any words remotely related to the word freedom

Lau Ky said...

As I said I hold no grudge against her at all and can't say that I disrespect her too. It's just that I myself think that it was a suitable end for her, it's her 使命 (destiny) ain't it? To be born as a politician (like succeeding her parents), to live as a politician and to die as one too. It's how things should happen, don't you think so?

~K£cќ~ said...

The jet is so called for Malaysian use (but the fact its only used for performance and after a while you will hear news about it chashing and killing people)

Well the thing is Malaysia didnt purposely pay to send him to the space, just that it came in the package so why waste it.

Not that i dont respect her, i dont even know her =.= well nothing about politics intrest me a bit

Lau Ky said...

But yet they interest me a bit, just A BIT. HAHAHA...

Shane said...

Politics are not my cup of tea...
Everything on the newspaper are manipulated by politics.. again. haiz... So no one knows exactly what happen behind it...

Lau Ky said...

Totally agree.

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Read Malaysiakini, as I know, it's free of politic influence or manipulation...

Lau Ky said...

So far as I know, there's no such thing XD