When I say shit, I really mean shit. And I do talk shit.

Powered By Blogger

zLz's Malaysia Election 2008 Special


View this quiz on Quibblo
More quizzes on Quibblo
Quibblo

Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking back

About 2 hours into the year 2008, while everyone (mostly) was practically out for the rest of the day and most probably gonna breathe their last breaths of the year 2007 somewhere out there, perhaps at the city square or anywhere where thousands and thousands of people gonna squeeze themselves into sardine for the sake of cow-down and oops I mean countdown; while me myself as you can see is still stuck in the house alone. Yes, alone. Sometimes, it's nice to be alone.

Well not that I'm an absolute misanthrope but it's just that I've never been good with crowds (and never been good with those sardine-squeezing events), especially strangers. I did receive invitation to party but I scratched it, just didn't feel like it at all. Just a few moments ago I was still in that middle of a mini party organized by my parents' friends and whatever, I walked home alone right after I have finished my meal. Perhaps my mum was right, I need to behave better than this. It's like, even those "seniors" have had to greet me first before I would greet them (it's a well-known tradition in Chinese community that youngsters should greet their seniors first). Yes, everyone started to label me as an "odd" appearance and some sort of Ah Beng or gangster with no sense of politeness at all, and yes I know that, and why should I even care? (My mum and dad scolded, she said "no, you must care!" - bla)

Oh heck it's New Year! Why am I here keep blabbering about how I behaved. I shall start doing what I'm here for.

Let's conclude my days before this, let's see... (not in chronological order)

1) As mentioned, my evilness and stubbornness have definitely worsen throughout the years.

2) I have broken my record for ice-cream consumption this year.

3) I have broken my record for Fastest Mine Sweepers and obtained best time so far and 111 seconds in Expert mode concluded my minesweeping career for the year 2007.

4) I think I've lost a few friends this year.

5) And I gained a few new friends this year.

6) I fell in love for the first time. (alright I know it's super unusual and unlikely to link that word with me)

7) And of course, fell into hell right after that, as expected.

8) I fell from a 7 feet-high staircase and hit jackpot on my back waist, for the bloody first time, and it's a painful first time (no dirty thoughts)

9) Fell sick for several months, definitely a broken record.

10) I have achieved zero-hostility this year, definitely a thing to be proud of.

11) Went to a concert for the first time.

12) Finally understand what's a God like.

13) Went to a Comic Fiesta and see cosplay for the first time.

14) Increased my hatred towards cigarettes and smokers.

15) Contrastively, increased my interest in alcohol. (okay I know drinking is never a good thing to do, and don't you worry, I still have not touched any beer so far :))

16) Committed the most serious crime in my life so far, that having downloaded SO MANY songs.

17) Got the worst examination result in my life.

18) Watched the most anime.

19) Got my very first laptop/computer, and I had to pay for it myself =_=.

20) Got my very first handphone which is paid by my parents.

21) Celebrated my birthday for the first time and got my very first birthday present (tangible) from friends in my life, I'm serious.

22) Regained contact with an old friend/kiddo-enemy, but lost contact after a few days. Definitely the first of its kind in my life.

23) Skipped classes and circled around Subang Jaya looking for nice wheels, and seen that much of nice cars for the first time in my life.

24) Decided to stop eating ice-cream, chocolate, fried food, and spicy food for the first time.

25) And doubt I'll keep that habit in the following year, for the first time.

26) Did lots of silly things which I would not tell, for the first time.

27) Knowing Kenny Sia the ultimate blogger, for the first time (yes I know I'm snail'ly-turtle'ly-slowpoke'ly slow, oh come on...)

28) Having blogging for nine months (and understand what blogging's like for the first time), and achieved 3k+ hits, you guys serious? O.O

29) Played the least games.

30) Spoiled my very first MP3 player's earphone for the first time.

31) Casted my interest in English songs for the very first time in my life, thanks to Avril Lavigne.

32) Lost my interest in Chinese songs for the very first time, thanks to nobody.

33) Casted my interest in Metal and Punk Rock. And special thanks to Ellegarden.

34) Casted my interest in learning guitar, thanks to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Aya Hirano. (Alright I know this is stupid)

35) Officially worked part-time as permitted by parents for the first time (I did that secretly before this).

36) Opened personal bank account for the first time, and who knows why I need two.

37) Changed my 4-years-old spectacles.

38) Never felt lonelier than this year.

39) Ends my blogging in 2007 with 92 glorious entries in total.



Well, guess I'll be spending my New Year eve with my bed. For those of you who enjoyed your cow-down, and also those of you who couldn't spend this special moment with anyone at all just like me, Happy New Year. Let us embrace everything new in the coming year, and let us continue our suffer together. :)


Life's what living for, who knows what could happen, do what you do, just keep on laughing. One thing's true, there's always brand new day. Adios.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, damn fucking long wei, means ur year was more eventful than mine hahahaha

Lau Ky said...

I'd rather say it's more catastrophe than yours.

Anonymous said...

same meaning, different word =p

~K£cќ~ said...

Its considered short for most of his posts -.-"