When I say shit, I really mean shit. And I do talk shit.

Powered By Blogger

zLz's Malaysia Election 2008 Special


View this quiz on Quibblo
More quizzes on Quibblo
Quibblo

Sunday, January 6, 2008

They ain't no Superman's, but they can do anything

Had a short chat during dinner not long ago. We talked about the major election coming and one more thing, thievery.

If you hadn't knew, my dad works as a air-cond technician. He told me that days ago he went to a kindergarten at XXX to fix something, and it somehow "fascinated" me because that kindergarten has lost two of its compressors (outdoor units of the air-cond system), for the second time. And it even "amazed" me when it was revealed that this has been happening at that area for a long time now and many houses have lost their compressors too.


I said, "Lock it, in a cage if necessary."

My grandpa said, "It's useless, if the thieves want to steal something, they will get it somehow. Lock it? They would just saw it then."

I thought what my grandpa said was correct, bloody correct indeed!

Then my dad said, "Remember that renown car that rolled out years ago? Which they'd integrate the whatever fingerprint scanner in it? So that the only person who can unlock the car is the owner itself? You know what happened then?"

?

Me, "What? They cut the owners' fingers?"

Dad, "Duh."

!

(So they would just dig your eyes out when they rolled out another new model which uses retinal scanner?)

Zzz

"Then the manufacturing of that car discontinued, and it happened not long after it was launched, thieves these days..."

Mum, "Yea, and be careful with ATM cards too..."

Me, "What? Don't they have a standard limit to how much you could withdraw in a single day? And I thought the users can set it?"

Dad, "What? You kidding? In A DAY? How about this, how about they lock you up for days, then withdraw day by day?"

...

Seriously...

Me, "So how about the compressors? Any counter-measure?"

Dad, "What? What can you do besides letting them have it? Remember what I said justnow?They will always get what they want."

...

So like, if you want to keep your cars or compressors or ATM cards away from thieves, I'd say


Unless those thieves can get their hands on nuclear, I bet you could keep them safe under my care.

No comments: